Friday, August 25, 2006

Airborne Day at the Museum Part 1


Well last Saturday I went to the Airborne & Special Operations Museum and celebrated Airborne Day. So like a good paratrooper I took a bunch of pictures for you guys. Below are just some of the pictures I have. Enjoy!



There was a lot of WWII equipment and "reenactors" on display on the front lawn of the museum. These guys were the only 82nd troopers having a good time. The modern troopers really looked pissed off about there Saturday being taken plus Boy Scouts climbing all over there HMMWV's




This WWII Harley is awesome! The old timer in the chair said he found it in a barn and restored it to its original glory. His oldest son there only rides it about 3-4 times a year. I have been kicking around the idea of modernizing this concept with a bobber rolling chassis. That would be sick huh!

The museum is building a new section of to the side of the main displays which is dedicated to the modern Special Forces missions and equipment. They opened this section up for the day. I was lucky enough to be allowed to take some pictures of some of the displays. Below are only three of maybe a handful in this new section that were partially done.


Robin Sage (I know.. I laughed too!)





The Infamous GMV


CAS





On an admin note I cannot post the rest of the pics so I'll be splitting up this post into hopefully two parts.

6 Comments:

At Friday, August 25, 2006, Blogger Jenna Howard said...

Cool stuff, Shambo.

That motorcycle though...I confess...I growled. :)

Reminds me of the Museum of the Regiments here.

 
At Friday, August 25, 2006, Blogger Shamrock7 said...

Oh cool I'll have to check that out on the web.

 
At Friday, August 25, 2006, Blogger Jenna Howard said...

When my military brat friend came to visit we hied over to the Military Museum and went into the Lord Strathcona's Horse Regiments section. There's a horse there. A REAL horse all nicely preserved and everything. There are also motion detectors all over the museum. My friend goes "That's a real horse." We lean to the side and set off the detector. It neighed. The DEAD HORSE NEIGHED!! We screamed and ran out of that exhibit. Fast.

When she came back because of the new PPCLI exhibit where her dad donated a crap load of medals (he's a collector), we avoided the Strathcona section. Completely. Utterly. Sigh - forever.

Good times indeed. THAT's what I remember about the Mil. Museum (which ironically opened a few years before they closed down our base.)

 
At Friday, August 25, 2006, Blogger Isabella Snow said...

Hey Shambo, those soldiers on the GMV are cute. Can you hook me up? ;)))

 
At Saturday, August 26, 2006, Blogger Shamrock7 said...

Ms. Snow: There not big talkers but I'll try ;)

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006, Anonymous Mike @ CopTheTruth said...

Great post, I keep meaning to make it out there myself!!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home