Friday, August 04, 2006

Disillusionment


Well hello all I'm Baaacckkk! Wow it's great to be home. I guess a lot has happened since I have been gone. Where to begin.......Ok here we go. Grab ahold of something this is gonna get windy.

First of all I finished what I think was one of the best courses in the world. The wealth of knowledge that you learn about yourself is absolutely priceless. Don't get me wrong here we didn't go camping hold hands beat a deer hide drum and share feelings. We were put into extreme circumstances and forced to deal with them or...Quit. And quitting at that school equals your death in real life. Hence the many life lessons that I took from this outstanding course!


I recently finished the book "Hunting al Qaeda" written by Anonymous. I think it was a good read. BUT I also think there was a lot of "bitching" in this book. I suggest this book to everyone. Only because it's one groups opinion about the War on Terrorism. At times it leans heavy on the supposed micromanagment issues in the SF command group. And the invisible walls put up between the active duty soldiers and the national guard "summer help" Although written anonymously it doesn't take a detective to figure out the author. Plus there are pictures of the team in the book as well. Regardless of the black bar across his eyes one of my SFMS instructors was/is in this group/book. The latest book that I'm reading is Roughneck Nine-One. And I gotta tell ya this is a great read so far. More to come on that title when I'm done with it.


People I'm frustrated. I can't shake this feeling either. The current situation in the Pipeline is horrible. I'm speechless about how to explain this. I once voiced my opinion about the "Lazy Monster" on the net at another site and within 24 hrs I was tracked down by my IP address called into "the office" and utterly destroyed. I was threatened to be "kicked" out of the Q. Told that I have no character or loyalty to the group etc, etc, etc,.This happened to me about 4 months ago. I never forgot that attack. 2 months ago I was told where I was going when I finished the Q which was my first choice. I was pleased as punch because I have family very close to that place. This week that dream was shattered. We were calmly told that all of our assignments had been cancelled and we will not get one. The floor was opened to comments and I told "him" about family being near and the like. Response " Sorry everything subject to change" Plus we just found out that although we are very close to being done some of us (me included) will not be "graduated until March of 2007" What will we be doing until then you ask? Another 2weeks of language then details for 8 weeks then hopefully 4 months of language which rolls us into Christmas break then details until March. After that............? Please note that I am not blaming anyone or any group for this situation. This place is a Monster and its no doubt very hard to control and track. But I don't like hearing good soldiers talk about getting out of the Army as soon as they can or base there opinion of group/team life on this place. "It has to be better than this guys" I say to them. "It will be totally different at group" I would say with a smile and a hearty clap on the back. But after this week I'm beginning to wonder. Is it better out there? Will I ever get out of here? I hope no one takes offense to this I am grateful for all that I have been given from this course. Just sometimes........Whew man...WTF!

16 Comments:

At Friday, August 04, 2006, Blogger Jenna Howard said...

First: You're back! You survived! Kudos. I shall do a shot of vanilla vodka in your honor this weekend.

Second: Sigh. No one likes to get their wrists slapped and to nearly lose the dream...zoiks. My stomach actually clenched when I read that.

Third: Just...bummer.

I think that sums it all up. Mm...yep. Welcome back.

 
At Friday, August 04, 2006, Blogger Shamrock7 said...

hello Jenna I always love hearing from you. Sorry about the bummer post. Future posts will be much better and more Shamrocky.

 
At Friday, August 04, 2006, Anonymous Kath said...

Congrats, glad you're back!

 
At Friday, August 04, 2006, Blogger Jenna Howard said...

Of course you love hearing from me. I am ME!!!! :)

I had this long post but blogger...sigh. And I'm too lazy to retype it. Congrats on completing SERE. Now...go eat a burger.

 
At Saturday, August 05, 2006, Blogger Francis Marion said...

For your info, life at Group sucks, life on a team, however, is the only place to be in the Army. On a team it's easier to avoid those political senior officers and all those E-9's fighting for E-10.

 
At Saturday, August 05, 2006, Blogger Blue2Green said...

Keep your head up man, You are so close to the end now! Dont let the Chicken Sh*t get to you. I know you are anxious to get out there and so your job....believe me I know the feeling...Language school and the training pipeline for linguists was nearly 2 1/2 years, then more training when I finally got to my duty station. I was so bummed out when I first got to my duty station and had to mow lawns and clean the barracks for 6 weeks while I was waiting to start a mission. Its tough to take....but dont let it get to you. Keep your attitude positive and you'll be on a team before you know it.

 
At Saturday, August 05, 2006, Blogger Blue2Green said...

Congrats on making it through that last course, BTW!!

 
At Sunday, August 06, 2006, Blogger Shamrock7 said...

thanks to all I just had to get the "Case of the Mondays" out.
Mr Marion: thanks for the heads up at least i know what to expect.

 
At Sunday, August 06, 2006, Blogger Isabella Snow said...

Just dropped into say I love that MLB/sniper (?) avatar icon thingy you got going on.

 
At Sunday, August 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FIDO man. You've got what it takes.

 
At Sunday, August 06, 2006, Blogger Shamrock7 said...

Isabella: Welcome and thank you I love it as well

Anon: thank you

 
At Sunday, August 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see your back.....hang in there!

BTW I toasted you both with tequilla this weekend...girls night out and I told them about your blogs..and we drank a couple toasts to you and Jake.

Bodacious Flirt

 
At Monday, August 07, 2006, Blogger Shamrock7 said...

Bodacious: Well good for you and thank you

 
At Tuesday, August 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shamrock...one of the funniest parts of the whole night is when they started talking diets (PTA...girly crowd) and I dead panned with "have you ever heard of the SERE weightloss plan"....they gave me the,deer in headlights, look at my description of the menu and my assurance the weightloss would not be a problem.. and than more shots were ordered toasting you both!

bodacious flirt

 
At Wednesday, August 09, 2006, Blogger Jake said...

Disappointment... that's my word.

 
At Wednesday, August 09, 2006, Blogger Shamrock7 said...

It will get better JAKE i promise

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home