Monday, August 28, 2006

The Windy City and Assholes


Hey it's Monday "Yeah"! Anyways I don't know if anyone has been tracking or have heard anything about Chicago and it's new laws they passed or trying to pass but I have been listening long enough about it and I have a comment about this lil gem ready.... Here it goes. Ok the City of Chicago is passing some laws that seem weird to me here are some examples of these said laws. "No smoking in public places that children can be in" I'm assuming restaurants and the like. "No smoking in YOUR car if children are present". That's kinda a no brainier. "No eating duck and/or goose liver within the city limits". Now that one kinda made me chuckle but you know whatever. I mean what do you expect from a city that invented prohibition. I really don't think that fowl liver "Speakeasys" will start to "pop" up around the greater Chicago area but I'm just sayin'. And the peoples and MSMs reaction to this is that the local government is "parenting" it's citizens. AMERICA! HEY!..Listen you DO want the government to "parent" you! When a video game that comes out and it's the new "hotness" that's obviously full of violence and crime you don't take it from your kid and say "Damn I need to pay attention to what the hell my kids are buying/playing on this here idiot box". Oh no you blame the gamemaker and make the "Government" threaten gamemakers with fines and such then have the government make a rating system for such games. Which in turn gamemakers comply and then due to the rating system make even more violent adult games. Why because there rated "M" for mature. Or how about when children go on shooting spree killing a dozen kids then themselves. America blames the music they listened to and once again the video games that they played plus we blamed some comic books that were found at the houses. Then we ask for more bans and 18+ purchasing of explicit lyric music. And then our friend Michael Moore blames K-Mart for selling the bullets to the youngsters so they can kill other young people. That's right Michael the Columbine Trenchcoat Mafia walked up to the clerk at the outdoors section of K-mart and asked "Do you have any bullets that we can use for a High School shooting spree where planning?" And clerk answered "Why sure we've got a 2 for 1 sale going on for death and destruction". I got an idea how about we look into asking the parents how many times they asked there kids what the HELL there doing with this many guns or say "Hey your wearing really dark clothes and look scary are you ok?" and just get involved. Or here's another one ask the school why these two kids killed only the youngsters that were the "pricks" of school. I know that sounded harsh but it's the damn truth. The majority of the kids targeted where the ones that made these troubled youths life hell. And you don't think that school counselors/teachers know what the hell goes on in the halls and such. Of course they do but why bring in one of the popular rich kids and run the risk of pissing off there equally rich and "asshole" parents. "Fuck it" these counselors say "I get my summers off". America doesn't want to take responsibility for anything if it means that Americans have to look at themselves and say "Oh crap my bad ..I screwed up". We can't do that because it makes us feel weird inside and ...and ...makes us feel BAD! But take away my right to smoke and eat partially raw goose liver and it's "DAMN THE MAN!" "Whadda mean I can't smoke in my car with my six bastards in the car!....I mean I got the window cracked..Sheesh!" Look I don't give a monkeys uncle if you smoke it's not my thing but I got plenty of other things that can kill me as well so who am I to judge right. I dunno this rant kinda went "Dennis Leary" so with that I leave you with this wonderful little ditty from one of the best Irish poets and storytellers of our time. Enjoy your Monday people.

SHAMROCK OUT!


15 Comments:

At Monday, August 28, 2006, Blogger Jenna Howard said...

I grew up with guns. It was a fact of life in our household. Not once did I or my brother ever think "Well, today I'm going to break into one of the gun cabinets, still one of Dad's guns and go to school." The rules were painfuly easy in the Howard household: "These aren't toys." Hence the biiiig uber gun cabinets. Even at Christmas when we got to shoot the air pistol in the basement and he showed us his handguns, everything was under his supervision and we were 32, 24 and 22.

No duck/goose liver? Isn't that...pate?

As for Dennis Leary? Rrrowf. He maybe an asshole but he sure looks fine being one. Every time I hear that song I think of the guys I hung out with when it first came out: sitting around, barking the end of the song. Good times. ;)

 
At Monday, August 28, 2006, Blogger Jenna Howard said...

Oh yeah (now that Blogger finally let me in AFTER the secret handshake and copious amounts of sucking up) Much?? The Youtube is off of Much Music? Dang, feel the Canadian love here.

 
At Monday, August 28, 2006, Blogger Shamrock7 said...

blogger is being a real bitch today huh

 
At Monday, August 28, 2006, Anonymous AngelinMI said...

Those laws are just another sign that Americans are getting dumber. Have you ever noticed that some people bring their kids to places that kids should not be in the first place?

 
At Monday, August 28, 2006, Blogger Shamrock7 said...

Angel: Yeah like Talledaga Nights movie. Or Hooters!

 
At Monday, August 28, 2006, Anonymous Pamela said...

I think that there are people too busy or lazy to do certain or all things in their life (e.g. job, kids, save for retirement) and are just as happy to have someone else tell them what's right for their kids or give them a check every month for the rest of their lives. (And here I exclude people who try but fail, or who can't because of illness, etc.--this wasn't meant to be a blanket statement against some slighted group, etc.).

Combine that with the mentality of the country's elites, who think that, because of their intellectual credentials, they deserve to be in power where they can tell us what's best for ourselves, and that's the direction one part of the country wants us to move in.

 
At Monday, August 28, 2006, Anonymous Pamela said...

I think it's foie gras that was banned--they stick a tube down a goose's throat and force feed it and somehow that gives them an enlarged yet (supposedly) tasty liver.

By contrast, pate (missing its circumflex and accent aigu but I don't know html for that) is a mold, sort of like a terrine, of meat and other things. To make things more confusing, there is a pate de foie gras.

Sounds like it was the animal rights folks who did it, but that the ban is on appeal.

 
At Monday, August 28, 2006, Blogger Jenna Howard said...

Yargh that's nasty Pamela!

Hence me not eating any of that stuff.

burger and fries please.

 
At Monday, August 28, 2006, Blogger Shamrock7 said...

Agreed

 
At Monday, August 28, 2006, Blogger Isabella Snow said...

Hey, my mother smoked in the car - and house - constantly. 3 packs a day. Some people need the law, trust me.

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006, Blogger Paige Burns said...

Personally, I think Wal-Mart is the key to the demise and destruction of our society.

And as a parent, it makes me sick to see other parents blaming manufactuers and government for their kids problems!

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006, Blogger Blue2Green said...

hmmmm...no accountability in our society? I wonder where that comes from? (the welfare state). I could go on about this for hours....

I will personally continue to shop at any store that will actually sell me a shotgun, shells, a shovel and a bag of quicklime all at once...because hey, you never know...

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006, Blogger Shamrock7 said...

B2G: Agreed you really never know

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006, Blogger Shamrock7 said...

PAige: Wal-Mart is systematically taking over the world. Seriously I think that they will be as powerful as our own government then they will start up a militant wing and all hell will break loose

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006, Blogger Paige Burns said...

Die Sam Walten Die!

Oh, he already is...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home